Institutional Investment Accountant Mid-Level
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Why USAA?Let's do something that really matters.
At USAA, we have an important mission: facilitating the financial
security of millions of U.S. military members and their families.
Not all of our employees served in our nation's military, but we
all share in the mission to give back to those who did. We're
working as one to build a great experience and make a real impact
for our members.
We believe in our core values of honesty, integrity, loyalty and
service. They're what guides everything we do - from how we treat
our members to how we treat each other. Come be a part of what
makes us so special!The OpportunityWe are seeking a dedicated
Institutional Investment Accountant Mid-Level to work with
individuals across the Enterprise to support the accounting for the
USAA's investment portfolio. The candidate selected will work on
the Investment Accounting team in the Chief Accounting Office
supporting both accounting and reporting functions. This candidate
will have the opportunity to work with various software
applications from PAM for Investments, Bloomberg, Oracle and Wings
Plus to name a few. This individual will be responsible for the
accounting and reporting for various companies investment
portfolios and will work closely with internal and external
customers.This position is a hybrid work type and can be based in
one of the following locations: Charlotte, NC or San Antonio, TX.
Hybrid roles help employees gain the best of both worlds -
collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when
needed to achieve focused results.What you'll do:
- Applies Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and
Statutory Accounting Principles (STAT) and regulatory accounting
treatment to complex accounting transactions and demonstrates and
shares understanding of key implications.
- Prepares and communicates financial results and analysis to
internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs in an accounting advisory capacity to operational
business leaders on matters pertaining to business initiatives or
- Leads special projects and coordinates with key stakeholders to
ensure timely completion.
- Collaborates and maintains strong relationships with business
- Resolves issues and provides informed, proactive reporting and
analysis to enable effective decision making.
- Develops and maintains processes, procedures and tools
impacting financial accounting.
- Facilitates and reviews internal controls to ensure an
effective and efficient financial system.
- Provides guidance and shares knowledge with team members.
- Participates and supports projects related to accounting
systems, legal structures, new product launches and other
initiatives, ensuring compliance with accounting and reporting
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled in
accordance with risk and compliance policies and procedures.What
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; OR
a Bachelor's degree in another field coupled with a Certified
Public Accountant (CPA) designation; OR 4 years of related
experience (in addition to the minimum years of experience
required) may be substituted in lieu of degree when coupled with a
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
- 4 years of relevant work experience performing accounting
functions including preparing and reviewing journal entries,
account reconciliations and preparing financial results for
internal and external purposes.
- Proficient knowledge and application of GAAP, STAT and
regulatory accounting practices.
- Demonstrated ability to partner and communicate effectively
with team members and stakeholders across CFO and the
- Proficient knowledge of data analysis techniques and
statistical methodologies applied in finance or accounting.
- Proficient knowledge of relevant technical accounting and
- Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Excel with experience
maintaining large accounting or financial data.What sets you apart:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting
- CPA Designation
- 2 Years Experience using investment accounting systems such as
PAM for Investments, CAMRA, Clearwater Analytics, etc.
- 2 Years Experience using Bloomberg Terminal to research
investment transactions and security attributes
- Experience accounting for private equity and limited
partnership interestsThe above description reflects the details
considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job
and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the
work requirements that may be performed in the job.What we
offer:Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing
market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain
competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your
experience and market data of the position. The actual salary for
this role may vary by location. The salary range for this position
is: $65,090 - $124,330 .Employees may be eligible for pay
incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance
and at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.Benefits: At
USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals.For more details on our outstanding benefits, please visit
our benefits page on USAAjobs.com.Relocation assistance is not
available for this position.USAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
Keywords: USAA, Huntersville , Institutional Investment Accountant Mid-Level, Accounting, Auditing , Cornelius, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!