Registered Nurse (RN), House Supervisor-Nursing Administration
Company: Frye Regional Medical Center
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Registered Nurse (RN), House Supervisor-Nursing
AdministrationWho We Are:People are our passion and purpose. Come
work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you
can do. Frye Regional Medical Center includes a 355-bed acute care
hospital and features a 32-bed Emergency Department, 29-bed
Inpatient Rehabilitation Center, 15-bed Surgical Suite and
Inpatient/Outpatient Imaging. Our South Campus is an 81-bed adult
Behavioral Health Hospital.Where We Are:Hickory is the hub of the
Metro Center area with over 365,000 people. Here you will find
small town values with big city amenities, including arts,
entertainment, and education. We are located about an hour from
cities like Charlotte, Boone, Asheville and Winston-Salem so you
can easily experience all the beauty that North Carolina has to
offer. Why Choose Us: Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K
Benefits for full-time employees Competitive Paid Time Off /
Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees Employee
Assistance Program mental, physical, and financial wellness
assistance Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified
applicants Professional Development and Growth Opportunities And
much morePosition Summary:The House Supervisor will oversee
clinical operations of the facility by planning, organizing,
directing and coordinating nursing units. The House Supervisor will
identify opportunities for improvement in nursing operations
consistent with current policies and procedures. The House
Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of RNs and CNAs
providing clinical expertise to staff as needed, as well as
interfacing with physicians. Clinical management is conducted in
collaboration with other health care team members by maintaining
cooperative relationships, applying management principles, relating
and working effectively with others, and effectively
- Leads the handling and resolution of complex issues and
- Assists with developing specific departmental goals, standards,
and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision
of the organization.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff
satisfaction, and conflict management. Performs and oversees
scheduling, staff development, recruitment, payroll, and student
- Effectively and proactively responds to changes in census,
staffing and/or acuity. Communicates with appropriate
supervisory/managerial staff regarding problems requiring
- Assesses the quality of patient care delivered and coordinates
patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other
departments. May provide patient care when necessary.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional
- Collaborates with Department Directors, hospital staff, case
management and physician to determine, reduce and eliminate
barriers within the system which may impede patient flow.
- Monitors bed availability in all levels of care as necessary to
meet changing patient placement needs.
- Investigates complaints of patients, relatives, physicians,
personnel and visitors. Take necessary steps toward resolution of
- Assists in identifying, coordinating and conducting education,
training and in-servicing programs for patients and staff.
- Integrates evidence-based practices into operations and
- Employee supervises others.
Minimum Qualifications:Minimum Education
- Associate's degree required
- Bachelor's degree preferredLicenses/Certifications
- BLS required
- ACLS required within 3 months of hire or transfer into the
- PALS required within 3 months of hire or transfer into the
- NIH Stroke required within 3 months of hire or transfer into
- NRP required within 3 months of hire or transfer into the
position.Licenses: Current RN license to practice in NC (NC
licensure or multi-state (compact) license).Minimum Work Experience
- 3-5 years Nursing experience required.
- 1-3 Nursing experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Leadership experience highly preferred.EEOC Statement:Frye
Regional Medical Center is committed to providing Equal Employment
Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with
all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee
or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age,
religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking
for diversity in candidates for employment:
Keywords: Frye Regional Medical Center, Huntersville , Registered Nurse (RN), House Supervisor-Nursing Administration, Healthcare , Statesville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!