Company: Newell Brands
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Regulatory Engineer Reports to: Sr. Manager, Regulatory
Location: Huntersville, NC
The Regulatory Engineer will be responsible for the product
safety and regulatory compliance needs for new product development
(NPD) projects as well as to existing product improvement projects
(Productivity and Maintenance) while working within a
cross-functional team. This position will:
- Contribute to the product safety and regulatory compliance
efforts by performing routine and some complex research and
assessments at the direction of more senior Product Safety
- Require the ability to work effectively with other disciplines
including Product and Design Engineering, Marketing, Industrial
Design, Chemistry, Sourcing, Manufacturing, Quality, and Supply
- Identifies and communicates project level hazards and risks to
project manager and team members with minimal guidance from more
senior Product Regulatory staff.
- Performs Product Regulatory Assessments and develops associated
testing requirement plan with minimal direction from Product
Regulatory staff and communicates results to the project team.
- Assists senior Product Regulatory staff to develop new and
adapting existing processes and procedures necessary for product
- Applies a solid understanding of product specifications,
material selection, manufacturing processes, cost constraints,
regulatory requirements, and chemistries to assess the products
- Develops Product Regulatory Assessments and laboratory test
plans or supplier certifications for routine and somewhat complex
products with minimal direction from Product Regulatoty staff.
- Engages suppliers and clearly directs their conformance
activities to Newell expectations with minimal direction from
Product Regulatory staff.
- Engages external laboratories and related service providers to
deliver results or services which meet Newell expectations with
minimal direction from Product Regulatory staff.
- Develops risk mitigation plans for product engineering as
necessary to achieve product compliance.
- Executes programs to acquire product certification (such as
European Conformit Europene CE seal, U.S. Environmental Protection
Agency Design for Environment seal), UL, JPMA, NSF, REACH, Prop 65,
etc. with minimal direction from Product Regulatory staff.
- Develops and maintains hazard communication documents (such as
Safety Data Sheets and labels) for new and existing products using
state of the art software and automated data subscriptions.
Qualifications - External
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Biology,
Toxicology, Product Safety, Regulatory Affairs, or closely related
- Three or more years of product development experience
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of product testing techniques and
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of industry compliance
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication
- Demonstrates competence with Hazard Communication Regulations
(e.g., FHSA, OSHA, and GHS regulations) , Chemical Restriction
Regulations (e.g., CPSIA, REACh SVHC), Chemical Registration
Regulations (e.g., TSCA, DSL, NICNAS), and Consumer Product Safety
Regulations (e.g., NHTSA, CPSC, FDA)
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods
company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including
Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot,
Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK,
Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For
hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better
every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and
its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with
applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to
Keywords: Newell Brands, Huntersville , Engineer, Other , huntersville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!