Company: Newell Brands
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Title: Packaging Engineer
Location: Huntersville, NC
Reports To: Sr Manager, Packaging Engineering
Collaborates with cross-functional business partners to develop
consumer driven packaging designs for major new product launches.
Analyzes market and consumer trends and applies fundamentals of
packaging engineering - materials, processing and design software.
Manages packaging engineering deliverables and timeline against
- Understands project P&L and key drivers that affect overall
project financial health ensuring projects meet established
objectives (e.g. margins, costs, revenue).
- Understands what project success is and drives toward success
in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Executes immediate technical strategy through new product
- Applies technical knowledge and understanding to day-to-day
- Provides routine engineering, working autonomously on project
teams with guidance from senior engineers and leadership.
- Demonstrates intermediate level of understanding of packaging
materials, manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Designs and conducts tests for product performance.
- Compiles test data to provide strategic direction for solving
- Partners with Senior Engineer to develop potential new package
- Participates on cross-functional teams to work seamlessly
across boundaries of company, culture, and geography for successful
- Incorporates consumer and market insights as a driver of
innovation and project execution.
- Prepares project status and risks to manager with proper level
of detail and recovery plans.
- Challenges and provides constructive mitigation
- Participates in forums for ideation and technical sharing.
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering or a closely related
Engineering field with CPG packaging development experience.
- Proven knowledge of consumer products packaging technology,
methods, and conversion processes.
- Previous experience with global packaging suppliers, processes
and regional packaging materials.
- Proficiency with ArtiosCAD and other packaging specific
software is desired.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods
company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including
Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot,
Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK,
Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For
hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better
every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and
its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with
applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to
Keywords: Newell Brands, Huntersville , Packaging Engineer, Other , Huntersville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!