Sr Information Security Engineer
Company: Electric Power Research Institute
Posted on: September 10, 2021
Sr Information Security Engineer
Charlotte, NC, Remote/Home Based
Job Summary and Description:
- Assist the management of Information Security and when
assigned, take the lead in the development, implementation,
verification and enforcement of security policies and
- Lead as assigned the development and maintenance of
documentation that details our security environment, including but
not limited to device build documents, policy documentation,
topology diagrams, technical standards, operational procedures and
troubleshooting how to's.
- Identify and mitigate vulnerabilities and attacks within the
EPRI computing environment.
- Research, design, and lead implementation of new methods and
technologies that may be applicable to securing EPRI while meeting
applicable security policies and standards
- Research new threats, attacks and vulnerabilities that may
affect the EPRI computing environment to learn how to identify and
react to them.
- Assists in responding to audits, in the remediation of findings
and validation of remediation from various testing and
- Install and configure new computer security packages.
- Install, update and configure security devices and other
hardware used in the protection of EPRI computing environment.
- Assist the management of Information Security in technical
support issues, investigations and risk assessment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve security related computer or network
- Respond to end users request involving security related
computing or networking problems.
- Consult with end users regarding their secure computing needs,
making recommendations for new products and solutions.
- Lead as assigned other technical resources within Information
Technology services and resources across the sectors at EPRI to
ensure security is factored into the evaluation, selection,
installation and configuration of hardware and software
- Continue to be educated on new and emerging security risks and
technologies that effect EPRI's computing environment.
- Assist in the development of new security architectures.
- Co-ordinate EPRI’s endpoint protection and participate in any
required incident response.
- Mobile device security support.
- Perform penetration assessments against web applications
produced, managed, or related to EPRI.
- Assume leadership role over assigned projects.
- Assist in the development of the Information Security team
through direct mentorship of junior technical resources.
- Review applications in accordance with OWASP Application
Security Verification Standard (ASVS).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience desired.
- 6-12 year’s technical experience in related fields (information
security, computers, telecom, networking, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of the Windows operating systems (Workstation
- Strong knowledge of other OSs (Apple, UNIX, Linux).
- Working knowledge of various security tools such as EPP, EDR,
vulnerability management, threat intelligence, application
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and Soc operations
- Working knowledge of forensic toolkits and virus/malware
- Working knowledge of at least 3 for the following scripting
languages: a) Python, b) Perl, c) Linux/Unix Shell script, d) Java,
e) PowerShell or f) C.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and related Internet and network
- Strong knowledge of firewalls, IPS, IDS, HIPS, VPN, TLS/SSL,
terminal servers, RAS and DNS.
- Strong knowledge of PCAP analyzation for troubleshooting and
- Knowledge of various network switches, routers, hubs, etc.
- Expert knowledge of browsers and exploit methods.
Skills and Attributes:
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by
the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security
Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status
of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form
against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please
indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S.
visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.
- Motivated self-starter
- Committed to continuous education through formal and informal
- Operates with discretion and confidentiality as
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Functions well in a team environment
Keywords: Electric Power Research Institute, Huntersville , Sr Information Security Engineer, Other , Huntersville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!