Ultrasound Tech / Sonographer
Company: Connected Health Care, LLC
Posted on: September 15, 2021
**FULL TIME Day Shift**
Connected Health Care has been engaged by a renowned healthcare
system in Charlotte, NC seeking a full-time staff sonographer. This
is a great opportunity to join a team of friendly and driven people
in a world-class hospital with over 500 beds. This healthcare
system provides unmatched opportunities for growth and advancement
while also prioritizing work life balance, so if you are an
ultrasound tech looking to take the next step in your career, this
opportunity is for you!
Essential Functions of the
- Prepare exam room and ultrasound equipment to conduct
sonography examinations in accordance with infections disease,
sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and
- Assume responsibility for the safety of the patient during the
- Review patient medical history and supporting clinical
- Ensure that the sonography examination order is complete,
contains relevant information, and meets the standard of “medical
- Evaluate any contraindications, insufficient patient
preparation, and the patient’s inability or unwillingness to
tolerate the examination and associated procedures.
- Communicate with the patient in a manner appropriate to the
patient’s ability to understand.
- Use proper patient positioning tools, devices, equipment
adjustment, and ergonomically correct scanning techniques to ensure
patient comfort and safety, and to prevent compromised data
acquisition and musculoskeletal injury to the sonographer.
- Conduct patient clinical assessment and perform the diagnostic
medical sonography examination ordered by the supervising physician
in accordance with professional and facility protocols.
- Apply independent judgment during the sonography examination to
ensure that appropriate anatomical, pathological, and clinical
conditions are accurately captured in the examination images.
- Except as authorized by written facility policies and
procedures, refer specific diagnostic, treatment or prognosis
questions to the appropriate physician or healthcare
- As necessary, acquire additional ultrasound imaging to
facilitate optimum diagnostic results for the interpreting
- Review examination images, synthesize examination results, and
prepare the preliminary findings.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with
privacy laws (e.g., HIPAA) and facility policies, and
- Provide patient services consistent with the Scope of Practice
and Clinical Standards for the Diagnostic Sonographer.
- Demonstrated competence in the specialty area(s) to be
performed, including sonographer certification by the American
Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS), American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), and/or Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI).
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer skills and software
programs used for documentation activities and report
- State sonographer licensure, where applicable.
If you are interested in hearing more about this great opportunity,
Austin Copeland – Senior Executive Recruiter
(512) – 759 – 8884
Keywords: Connected Health Care, LLC, Huntersville , Ultrasound Tech / Sonographer, Other , Huntersville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!