Human Resources Business Partner / HRBP
Company: AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
Posted on: October 3, 2021
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company,
serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from
1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The Human Resource Business Partner works closely with the CES
Support Center Director (responsible for ~500 associates) and
colleagues across AmeriGas to ensure the successful achievement of
business goals and objectives. The HR Business Partner
supports the Director to create a positive culture of employee
engagement and growth, and ensures operations delivers excellent
customer experience. The HR Business Partner leads center
activities related to talent acquisition and retention, performance
management, and legal/policy compliance.
- Strategic: Influential in the decision-making process by
effectively communicating a thorough understanding of human
resource practices and principles, and supporting center leadership
to achieve optimum performance results.
- Critical Thinker: Utilizes a logical and objective approach to
counsel and resolve employee/management
- Innovative: The Human Resource Business Partner
identifies process improvements and efficiencies; proactively
facilitates the organization through change and growth.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- HR Management: Effectively manages Human Resource
responsibilities within the center, Responsible for the
administration of AmeriGas policies, processes, and systems.
- Talent Acquisition: Partners with center leadership to identify
staffing needs, develops effective recruiting strategies and
administers all aspects of the acquisition and onboarding
- Engagement & Retention: Creates and drives effective programs
to optimize employee engagement and retention, monitors trends, and
makes timely recommendations/takes action to improve the employee
- Onboarding & Training: Ensures new hires are trained and have
developed a strong foundation to deliver an excellent customer
experience; leads change management.
- Performance & Compensation: Leads managers through the
performance evaluation and compensation processes, responds to
payroll and benefit related inquiries, and leads the center’s open
- Development & Succession: Provides managers with training and
coaching on leadership skills, employee engagement and morale, and
- Risk Management & Compliance: Works closely with internal
and external legal counsel to ensure compliance with laws and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A strong legal comprehension of Federal and State
- Strong ethics and integrity; ability to maintain confidential
- Ability to manage projects and multi-task successfully
- Strong conflict resolution and collaboration skill; effective
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
required. HR certifications desireable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR practices and principles with five
years of Generalist experience
- Previous experience within a contact center environment is
- Work occurs inside in variety of environments including the
contact centers, corporate and regional offices, and field
- 24/7/365 day operations – some weekend and evening hours
- Occasional travel to company/business partner/recruiting
locations and industry conferences
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally
protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to
submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background
check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if
hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance
with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in
safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain
positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an
authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such
positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied
hire on that basis.
Keywords: AmeriGas Propane, Inc., Huntersville , Human Resources Business Partner / HRBP, Other , Huntersville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!