Engineer - Plastics
Company: Stanley, Black and Decker
Posted on: October 4, 2021
Position: Plastics Engineer
Location: Huntersville, NC
Come Make the World With Us!
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of
purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of
excellence. People who care about making things better For Those
Who Make The World. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of
54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on
some of the world s most beloved brands, including DEWALT,
CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
Who You Are
You re a curious problem solver who can bring big ideas to life.
You re creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization
with ease. You re agile and adaptable but work with precision to
ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always. You also
As a Plastics Engineer, Construction Solutions Plastics
Technical Team, you ll be part of our Global Tools, accessories
& Storage (GTAS) team located in our Huntersville, NC
Plant. In this position you will be responsible for
implementing/ qualifying and problem solving New product hand tools
and storage designs, development activities, and provide on- site
manufacturing support of hand tools products and component ideas
and concepts that will meet our manufacturing, safety, quality,
compliance, cost and marketing objectives. Must estimate
development costs and monitor assigned projects through all phases
of development. Perform sampling, product testing and 2d/3d/pdm
support, setup and perform test plans. Prepare robust design/
tooling/process solutions, costs, technical data, product
documentation related to our GTAS product lines.
- >4 years of experience with designing plastics components,
product design, injection tooling and assembly
- Quality systems, PPAP, conduct hands-on qualification and test
- Collaboration and communications with global technical teams,
both product and Mfg.
- knowledge of plastics, product designs, injection molding &
- Problem solving, failure analysis DFMEA, PFMEA
- Global networking with design centers, suppliers, factories,
- On-site hands-on manufacturing and operations experience
- 3-D CAD/CAE -Creo, SolidWorks
- Hands on experience with plastic molding and processes
- Familiarity with manufacturing documentation methods (bills of
materials, PCN s, routings and tool lists, etc.)
- Experience with rapid prototyping.
- Technical degree, B.S. Mechanical / Materials Engineering
Specifically, you will:
- Possess well-developed interpersonal, communication, and
project management skills
- Excellent technical and mfg. problem solving skills.
- PPAP/ component quality/ qualification
- 2d/3d/ ProE Creo/ SolidWorks experience
- Proficiency with MS Office software, including MS Project and
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal
- Think creatively to develop ideas that can be protected by
- Ability to work on and coordinate multiple, global
- Ability to work in a global, multi-functional team
- Familiarity with laboratory technique and practices
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Familiarity with financial models to estimate cost impact and
investment plans for the new materials
What You ll Receive
- Directly support BU s implementing on-site new product designs,
PPAP qualifications, assembly. and problem solving at both SBD
factories and regional suppliers with a premier focus on plastics
along with overall product assembly and DFMA.
- Lead/ implement resin, component and assembly qualification/
- Work in coordination with technical team leaders.
- Ability to support modifying 3D Models in CAD (Creo/Pro-E), for
DTV, DFMA in coordination with product engineering teams
- Develop, document and maintain project tasks and schedules and
execute project tasks as required.
- Specify performance testing parameters, execute tests and
document compliance with applicable requirements.
- Improve existing products using analytical techniques to
investigate cost reduction opportunities within manufacturing
facility and optimize product designs to make improvements in
- Provide direct on-site technical support including
brainstorming productivity, lean, problem solving, DTV
You ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You ll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability,
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner
We want our company to be a place you ll want to be and stay. Being
part of our team means you ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to
grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources,
including our Lean Academy, Coursera and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we
have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes
locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and
sustainable business practices.
What s more, you ll get that pride that comes from empowering
makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world.
We re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security
solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered
fastening. We re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As
successful as we ve been in the past, we have so much further to
go. That s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran s status or any other protected
Keywords: Stanley, Black and Decker, Huntersville , Engineer - Plastics, Other , Huntersville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!