Value Stream Leader
Company: SCN BestCo
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Description We believe being healthy should not require
tradeoffs. SCN BestCo is a leading innovator, developer and
manufacturer of Vitamin, Mineral & Supplement (VMS),
Over-the-Counter (OTC) and prebiotics/probiotics in enjoyable forms
such as gummies, lozenges and chews. With over 50 years of
excellence, our team leads the way in changing how consumers make
healthier choices. With unique food science expertise and
proprietary processes, we've pioneered many firsts. Our passion to
create new to the world products has guided and continues to be
core to our mission of making health and wellness more enjoyable.
Come join us and become a part of our winning formula!
The Director, CST (Cough and Sore Throat) Value Stream will have
end to end responsibility for CST product forms. The focus of this
role will be on driving continuous improvement across all areas of
the supply chain (ie-Operational productivity, Customer Service,
S/he will develop manufacturing strategies to optimize results
across the end-to-end product family supply chain. The Director,
CST Value Stream works closely with Engineering, Maintenance,
Continuous Improvement, Planning, Quality, Safety, Accounting, and
Logistics to effectively plan, direct, and coordinate all
activities of production to include safety, quality, production,
and cost control. The Director, CST Value Stream ensures that the
highest standards of safety are followed to protect our employees
and that all SOP's and GMP's are strictly followed to ensure
product quality and consumer safety. The Director, CST Value Stream
also works with Commercial and Customer Service to design and
execute strategies and projects to commercialize new products while
optimizing the margin structure on the existing portfolio.
- Drives continuous improvement across all areas of the product
form that meaningfully improves operational and business
- Leads operational aspects of CST commercialization program with
support from team while ensuring end to end supply chain and
supporting functions are ready and capable of supporting commercial
operations through launch and ramp-up.
- Defines short- and long-term model for commercial operations to
deliver margin improvement
- Partners with Sales and R&D to build a margin accretive
portfolio of new products for assigned forms.
- Leads their team to deliver on daily, weekly, monthly
expectations to maintain accurate accounting of operational and
- Partners with functional leaders to support opportunities,
impact analysis, priorities and resources to achieve overall site
and product form objectives.
- Daily responsibilities include the development and tracking of
operational, compliance and other performance KPI's /metrics.
Evaluates, develops and implements continuous improvements and best
practices for their areas.
- Works with Maintenance and Engineering to troubleshoot process
problems and identify solutions that reduce downtime in a
cost-effective manner. Works to assure that department equipment
and technology keep up with ever-changing customer needs while
providing return on investment.
- Works to understand, document, develop, and improve standard
work that supports consistent manufacturing performance. Holds all
employees accountable for following standard work and meeting
company core values.
- Develops and builds a high performing, agile team.
- Conducts workforce planning exercises to determine
organizational staffing needs while looking for continuous
- Actively participates/contributes to technology transfer,
start-ups, design and implementation of process changes, typically
working on cross-functional teams.
- Leads team to deliver on customer service commitments while
optimizing the production schedules for efficiency.
- Responsible for working with finance department to establish
and maintain annual department budget to maximize plant
profitability. Maintains adequate plant staffing and controls labor
and other overhead costs. Monitors product margins and actively
seeks ways to drive additional profitability.
- Participates on a variety of strategy related cross-functional
teams to optimize product development and launch, manufacturing
capacity utilization, and organizational development.
- Will require approximately 10-20% travel domestically and
The Director, CST Value Stream will carry out People Leader
Responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and
applicable laws. Responsibilities include:
Supervises work of others, including planning, assigning,
scheduling, and reviewing work, ensuring safety and quality
standards are met. Is responsible for hiring, terminating,
training, and developing, reviewing performance, and administering
corrective action for staff. Plans organizational structure,
position content and staffing. Develops a pipeline of future
leaders and develops talent.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other technical
discipline and at least 8 years' experience in a manufacturing
environment in a highly regulated environment
- Minimum of 6 years of direct people management experience,
demonstrating the ability to direct/lead/coach employees within his
/ her direct span of control, as well as, working
cross-functionally with peers and support group resources to
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSAs):
- Working knowledge of cGMP's for a highly regulated
- Excellent communication and influencing skills; ability to
build and maintain effective relationships at all levels and gain
reputation as a trusted leader, advisor, and business
- Proven leader with an excellent track record of achieving
operational results in safety, quality, and production utilizing a
data driven waste reduction strategy.
- Strong business acumen, analytical, conflict resolution and
change management skills.
- Proven track record demonstrating strong financial / cost
management skills and the ability to meet budget
- Proven ability to lead, direct and integrate cross-functional,
cross-organizational, multi-disciplinary and/or virtual project
teams to meet business objectives.
- Ability to drive and appropriately prioritize requirements and
- Ability to perform a variety of duties often changing from one
task to another of a different nature under the stress of frequent
interruptions and/or distractions.
- Experience leading significant change management initiatives to
- Familiarity with lean tools, six sigma, kaizen, and other
continuous improvement methods
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability
and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid
geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as
fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate, verbally and
written, with internal staff and management. Ability to read,
analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure
manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Must be able to demonstrate practical problem solving and
trouble shooting skills. Ability to solve practical problems and
deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
Education and Experience:
- Master of Business Administration degree
- Experience, training, or certifications in continuous
improvement methods (lean, six sigma, Kaizen, etc.).
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Food, Chemical, or Consumer Goods
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: SCN BestCo, Huntersville , Value Stream Leader, Other , Mooresville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!